McAfee subscriptions can be canceled at any time, but it’s not always easy to figure out how to do this. These four steps will walk you through the process of canceling your McAfee subscription and getting rid of that unwanted recurring payment that you no longer need. It’s easier than you think!
1) Log in with your username and password
- Log into your account and click on Subscription.
- Click the drop-down menu at the top of the page, which displays your subscription type, then select Cancel from the list.
- Fill in the required fields for cancellation information, including Last Name, E-mail Address, and First Name; then hit Continue. The system will verify that you are eligible for cancellation and explain what happens when you cancel.
- Review your request before hitting Confirm. There are no refunds for prepayments or pro-rated amounts unless we failed to deliver what you paid us to provide, or in cases of fraud or deception by us.
2) Click on My Account
- Login with your account email and password, then select the My Account tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and select Change Term or Service, then enter your information in the relevant fields under Update My Info.
- Next, click on the arrow next to Do You Have a Coupon? Then enter the code in question, and click Apply.
- Click Continue when you’re done updating your info then choose what type of subscription you want to cancel before clicking Update.
- Select I want to discontinue my service and click Submit Request. A confirmation screen will appear asking if you are sure you want to cancel. Select Yes and hit Submit Request again.
- Finally, fill out the cancellation form that appears by selecting Yes I’d like to end my service now and hitting Submit Request one last time!
3) Under Subscriptions, click on Cancel
There are four easy ways that you can go about canceling your McAfee subscription. The first way is the simplest, so if you find the other methods too complicated for your liking, this might be a good place to start. You can cancel your subscription from within the McAfee portal. You’ll want to do this by accessing My Protection > Order and click on Unsubscribe Now, which will be followed by Confirm. You’ll also need an email address in order for it to work. If you don’t have one of those handy, you can always use yours. Once there, just enter your password and voila! You’re done! If that doesn’t work for some reason or you would prefer to speak with someone before going through with the cancellation process, then head over to Live Chat where they should be able to help you out.
The second method entails getting in touch with them via phone call at 1-866-449-3544. One word of warning though: When calling the number, make sure that all distractions such as music and any potential interruptions are eliminated.
4) Scroll down and follow the instructions
It can be intimidating to cancel a subscription for an expensive product or service, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are 4 easy ways you can make it happen:
*Search your inbox for promotional emails from McAfee that contain an unsubscribe link or contact information. These will generally contain instructions on how you can easily cancel. *Call the customer service number and ask nicely. If they refuse, hang up and try again with another number *Unsubscribe by emailing them at their support address *If you paid via credit card, go into your account settings and click on cancel or stop.